Wednesday, August 29, 2007

10-04-2007

Hello,

Well, I do remember that you told me once that teaching is one of the things you enjoy the most, besides the fact that you are really skillful at teaching and explaining things - I learned a lot from you about many interesting things during our trips. I really hope for everything to work out to your satisfaction.

As far as I am concerned, my current job is very exiting and interesting. Basically I am in charge of domestic sales and brand managing over xxx, which means that I must visit and train staff from all the best hotels and restaurants in Santiago, 5th region (Viña del Mar - Valparaíso), La Serena and recently, the Southern Chile. Also I must attend to wine fairs and support my distributor in number of activities, dinners and charity, arts and cultural events. Also I have to deal with advertising and publicity in magazines and news papers, and a lot of PR with sommeliers, chef and specialized journalists; developing wine tasting; special dinners for VIP customers, embassies (US among them!) and restaurant's owners, and organizing visits to the Winery's Hotel in xxx (xxx).
I'm really enjoying this job, but as you can see, it can be very demanding and stressful, since you must accomplish sales/brand goals every month, which also is very challenging!
According to Mom, just the perfect job to me.

I rented an appartment along my siblings - since my sister is studying her third carrer and my brother has his girlfriend in town - in the East side of Santiago - Las Condes; it's a nice neighborhood with lot of trees on the streets.

Did you get my Easter e-card? I hope you have had a nice holiday.

A big hug,

Pepinot


From: Walter
To: Pepinot
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:30 AM
Subject: Re: Hola

Hola:

Well, I am looking at a couple of different options. I had have interviews with the School of Government at UNC-CH for a research/teaching position, AIG for an in-house business counsel position. Rob wants to me to move Sacramento. So, I am looking at taking the California Bar exam - I have to look into it more. I would need to have a job lined up before I would move cross country. I am trying to focus on finding that I enjoy doing. I like my current position - the people here are nice and the work is fairly interesting, but the higher-ups decided several years back to limit these positions to two-year terms. The government position like this one have a better lifestyle - don't have to work too many late night or weekends, but the downside is that you make much less money. But that is life - tradeoffs and compromises. Dinner was OK last night, mom and I had Mexican just down hill from my apartment. I am still living in Vinnings - the same place when you came in October 2005. I told Mark about tu broma - he replied April's Fools one day late. How about your job? Everything OK? As far as the poetry goes, here is one for my muse. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.


A big hug and big kiss

Walter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home