Wednesday, August 29, 2007

12-04-2007

Walter,

My day is going well so far, although it got started late because last night I had the launching of our xxx on one of my distributor's stores... It went through to VERY late, but the audience was great and the catering was superb. xxx - the owner - and xxx - general manager and my boss - were very happy with my job and I had a good deal of journalist and PR people to handle some interesting articles. BUT I need to have some relax now so tonight I'm going to the theater and have dinner with a friend.

So sorry about your mother's flight... it seems like the weather is changing all around the world. You'll see, here the fall is coming but to me it's the season of the year I do like the most - not too hot, no too cold, nice to walk in the evening. All the people is back to the city and there are one million things to do everywhere - I had no vacations because I worked all the summer, but it's ok since I'm saving my days off for a nice three-weeks trip to Europe or a short one to Cuba during my winter or sooner. In the meantime just short trips nearby Santiago or some quick getaway to the south.

Coming to the subject of weather, let me tell you something funny... many people here in Chile are concerned about global warming, so they invited to Al Gore to come for a lecture with enormous publicity and advertisements. Well, the thing is that he looks to me A LOT like you!!! of course much older, but still, there is something in on his eye's expression, his smile... anyway.

Any new about job-hunting? Try not to get anxious and hopefully try to take some days for relaxing before getting started at your new position. I didn't take any rest before getting started on this job and sometimes I feel a little stressed out.

I like "Solitude" as a name for the poem, very alike my own name actually - just try not to get trapped too long in a feeling like that. You know it already has my blessing.

A hug,

Pepinot


From: Walter
To: Pepinot
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 2:57 PM
Subject: Re: Hola


Hey Pepinot:

I hope your day is going well. I am finally settling back down to work. My mom flight was cancelled yesterday evening so we had to rebook her -which of course took 2 hours, and her fight was again delayed this morning - what a mess!. April is suppose to be springtime here yet there is snow in Chicago and throughout the Midwest. Anyway, I interested in hearing about the Salmon a la Sole. The Chilean gourmet - sounds like a cable TV show for the Food Network. Actually, that is not a bad idea - a TV show with you as the host - exploring Chilean wines - would be an excellent marketing tool.

The Los Vacos wine I found in the DeKalb Farmer's Market which is a huge warehouse with food from all over the world. It combines two of my passions - food and travel. They actually have a lot of Chilean produce and a decent selection of Chilean wines - However, they do sell the infamous Gato Negro as well. The Los Vacos wine was a 2005 Cabernet and I paired it with lamb chops and mint sauce. It was a good pairing. Generally, in the local supermarkets - all you get is Cocha y Toro wines. You have to go a speciality shops to find other Chilean wines - however, I have not found Montes in any of the shops.

I am glad you liked the poem. I was a little nervous sending it to you because it is obviously very personal and intimate. But, I really like it and thought that you would like it too. I have thought about entering it into a contest - under the name "Solitude" but I would do so only with your blessing - because it is really your poem.

Un beso grande,

Walter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home